For a complete list of events, please visit MU Engage.
Wednesday, Aug. 17: Move-In
- Camp Trulaske, 8 a.m.-9 p.m., Cornell Hall and Carnahan Quad: Camp Trulaske is a 3-day program during move-in week to help incoming business students engage with the college and have fun!
- “First Come, First Served!” 7–9 p.m., Kuhlman Court: Join fellow Tigers for ice cream and lawn games.
Thursday, Aug. 18: Move-In
- International Field Day, 11 a.m.–2 p.m., Kuhlman Court: Come play disc golf, four-square, or Mölkky. Pétanque or bag more your speed? There is something for everyone!
- Engineering Open House, 2-4 p.m., Lafferre Hall: Join faculty and staff of the College of Engineering for an open house.
- First Roar, 8–10 p.m., Traditions Plaza: First Roar is Mizzou’s official kickoff event for Welcome Week and the new academic year.
Friday, Aug. 19: Academic Day
- School of Music Choral Auditions, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Sinquefield Music Center: Auditions are held before the start of classes each fall for placement into one of the choral ensembles – University Singers, Glee Club, Treble Choir, Sankofa, and Hitt Street Harmony.
- School of Music Orchestra Auditions, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Sinquefield Music Center: Audition for the University Philharmonic Orchestra are held for string players each fall.
- Undergraduate Research Fair, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Bond Life Sciences Center, McQuinn Atrium: Faculty mentors and undergraduate researchers from around campus will be engaging new MU students with hands-on demonstrations of their research and creative activities!
- Campus Resource Fair, 10 a.m.–3 p.m., Main Floor of MU Student Center: Various campus offices and resources will show students how to live their best life at Mizzou.
- Biology Research Lab and Greenhouse Tours, 10-11:30 a.m., Tucker Hall: New Biology majors are invited to tour active biology research labs and the Tucker Greenhouse.
- Black Studies — Undergraduate Welcome & Reception, 10 a.m.-noon, Gentry Hall 325: Students (majors, minors, enrolled in a BL_STU course) are invited to stop by the department and meet the Director of Undergraduate Studies for casual conversation, asking questions, learning more, and begin developing their network.
- Department of Communication Open House, 10 a.m.-noon, Switzler Hall: Learn about the Department of Psychological Sciences and opportunities for students in mind, brain and behavior.
- Department of Mathematics Open House, 10-11 a.m., Math Sciences Building Room 306: Come and meet Faculty from the Department of Mathematics
- J-School Welcome Day Involvement fair, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Reynolds Journalism Institute Lobby: The Missouri School of Journalism will host an open house and activity fair from 10am-1pm.
- Philosophy Department Open House, 10 a.m.-noon, 215 Middlebush Hall: Come and chat with the Philosophy Department’s faculty, new majors, and returning majors over cookies and coffee!
- Psychological Sciences Welcome, 10 a.m.-noon, Undergraduate Lounge, Room 103 McAlester Hall: Learn about the Department of Psychological Sciences and opportunities for students in mind, brain and behavior.
- School of Languages, Literatures & Cultures Open House Student Welcome, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Arts & Sciences Building – Main Lobby: Welcome to new and returning SLLC students! Meet fellow classmates, faculty from many different languages, and SLLC’s academic adviser.
- What is the Kinder Institute?, 10 a.m.-noon, Jesse Hall 41: Stop by Jesse 410 to find out about the array of programs, from degrees to studying abroad at Oxford, that the Kinder Institute offers for Mizzou undergrads.
- Trulaske College of Business Fall Welcome Back, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 201 Cornell Hall (Bush Auditorium): Mandatory meeting for incoming Business students to receive important information about College Requirements and Resources.
- Classics, Archaeology, and Religion Open House, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Swallow Hall’s Foyer and Francis Quadrangle: Stop in during your tour of historic Francis Quadrangle to meet the faculty and students of Mizzou’s newest academic department.
- Classics, Archaeology, and Religion Open House, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Stewart Hall (West Entrance): Stop in during your tour of historic Francis Quadrangle to meet the faculty and students of Mizzou’s newest academic department.
- Geography Extravaganza, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Stewart Hall (West Entrance): We will have a map giveaway, orienteering course in Stewart Hall, and program information.
- Linguistics Open House, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Tate Hall 112: Join Linguistics faculty and students to learn more about the program and the joys of majoring in Linguistics.
- Meet your Arts & Science Deans!, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., North Lawn Outside of Lowry Hall: Stop by the North Lawn of Lowry Hall to meet the College of Arts and Science Deans and Dean’s Office Staff! Light Refreshments provided.
- Rolling Out the Re(a)d Carpet: Welcome Day in English, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Tate 114D: Stop by the historic Tate Hall and meet some of our award-winning faculty, current English majors, our advisor and other staff members.
- Welcome to Peace Studies, 11 a.m.-noon, Online Event: Students will get an overview of the program’s aims, courses, study abroad, outreach, and scholarship opportunities.
- Welcome to WGST, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 325 Strickland and by the fountain in front of the building: Come learn about Women’s and Gender Studies, meet faculty, and current students
- International Studies Welcome Reception, noon-2 p.m., Missouri Student Center 1209 A&B: New and returning international studies students are invited to join Mizzou Study Abroad and the International Studies department.
- School of Music Concert Band Auditions, noon-9 p.m., Sinquefield Music Center: Auditions are held before the start of classes each semester for placement into one of the large instrumental ensembles.
- School of Music Jazz Ensemble Auditions, noon-9 p.m., Sinquefield Music Center or Fine Arts Building: Auditions are held before the start of classes each semester for placement into one of the jazz big bands or combos.
- Welcome to Theatre Pizza Party, 12:30-1:30 p.m., Rhynsburger Theatre: Welcome to Theatre Pizza Party
- Anthropology open house and atlatl demonstration, 1-3 p.m., Swallow Hall and the grassy area in front of Swallow Hall: The Department of Anthropology will hold an atlatl demonstration on the Quad in front of Swallow Hall.
- CAFNR Academic Day, 1-3:30 p.m., Trowbridge Arena: A welcome to CAFNR event for new freshmen and transfer students which includes meeting with your degree program, receiving your CAFNR padfolio and enjoying free ice cream!
- Department of Chemistry, 1-3 p.m., 103 Schlundt: Meet faculty, advisors, and other students; hear about different degree programs, classes, and research opportunities.
- Department of Economics Open House, 1-2 p.m., LSB (Locust Street Building) E204A: Meet fellow economics students, as well as faculty, at this drop-in event.
- Discovery Center Welcome Week Event, 1-3 p.m., Student Success Center: The Discovery Center is hosting a welcome week event for all new and current exploring students.
- Political Science / Public Administration and Policy Student Welcome, 1-2 p.m., Locust Street Building: Meet faculty, staff, and fellow students in Political Science and Public Administration and Policy.
- Statistics Department Open House, 1-3 p.m., Middlebush Hall room 133: Welcome back to campus for current and potential majors and minors and anyone interested in statistics or data.
- Textile and Apparel Management Welcome Week Event, 1-3 p.m., 117 Gwynn Hall: Ice cream social in Gwynn Hall to meet first-time TAM students.
- Welcome to Architectural Studies!, 1-3 p.m., Stanley Hall 2nd Floor Studios: A meet & greet with architectural studies faculty and students.
- Welcome to Sociology, 1-3 p.m., 315 Middlebush: Welcome back to campus for sociology majors, minors, or the sociologically curious.
- Welcome to the School of Visual Studies!, 1-2:30 p.m., Bingham Gallery, FAB-Art: Meet School of Visual Studies faculty in Art, Art History, Digital Storytelling, and Film Studies.
- Biological Sciences: Meet Your Advisor, 2-3 p.m., Various Rooms – Biology students should check their email: New biology majors are invited to meet their academic advisor, learn about opportunities available to students majoring in biology as well as expectations for biology majors, and get to know other new biology students.
- Department of History Open House, 2-3 p.m., Locust Street Building: Come and meet the faculty and staff of the Department of History in our new offices in the Locust Street Building downtown!
- Health Professions New Student Welcome, 2-3 p.m., Clark Hall Lobby/Courtyard: Join us for an hour of Health Professions fun! You’ll meet fellow classmates, Health Professions STUCO and Blaze the facility dog, receive FREE Health Professions swag, enjoy light refreshments, and be entered to win raffle prizes!
- Physics and Astronomy Welcome, 2-3 p.m., Physics Bldg main lobby (first floor): Meet and greet with physics faculty and students.
- Welcome / Welcome back: Interdisciplinary Studies and General Studies, 2-3 p.m., 109 Lowry Hall: Come meet the program director, advisor, and fellow students. Refreshments served!
- Welcome to Geological Sciences, 2-3 p.m., Geological Sciences main lobby (first floor), 101 Geological Sciences Bldg: Come meet faculty and fellow students in Geological Sciences
- Transfer 101: What you need to know as a new transfer, 3-4 p.m., Middlebush Room 212: How do I get connected on campus? How do I make friends? How do I find my classes? What is the best food on campus?
- Paint the M, 3–6 p.m., Faurot Field: Every year during Welcome Week, incoming Tigers paint the Rock M at Memorial Stadium, a tradition that began in 1927.
- Plunge Into MizzouRec, 5–7 p.m., MizzouRec: See what makes MizzouRec more than a place to work out. Dive in and get to know the programs, resources and people .
- Midnight BBQ, 10 p.m.–1 a.m., MU Student Center: Enjoy BBQ and other treats (vegetarian options also available) and the largest dance party on Rollins St.
Saturday, Aug. 20: Student Organization Day
- Mizzou Football Open Practice & Carnival on the Concourse: 7–8:30 p.m., Faurot Field: Before Mizzou Football takes the field, come see the team in action at an open practice.
- Flick on Faurot, 8–11 p.m., Faurot Field: Grab your blankets and friends to watch “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.” This is also a chance to kiss the 50-yard line!
Sunday, Aug. 21: Traditions
- Shakespeare’s Pizza Party, 4–6 p.m., Shakespeare’s Pizza on 9th Street: Stop by Shakespeare’s Pizza, a traditional Columbia favorite, and enjoy free food, beverages, music, and more.
- Tiger Walk, 6 p.m., Francis Quadrangle (the Columns): It’s time to make it official — celebrate your entrance to Mizzou with this symbolic run through the Columns on the Quad.